Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What's for breakfast?

I always try to load up on good stuff first thing in the morning.  It's my way of setting eating habits straight for the day.   Today I had oatmeal, a smoothie, and my daily cocktail.  No, I'm not drinking alcohol at 8AM.  It's a concoction I learned about from my Aunt Lisa.  I was also eager to try my mother's oatmeal and flaxseed idea, as flaxseed is a new ingredient to me.

Hearty Healthy Oatmeal
1 cup water
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 flaxseed meal
1 tbsp raw honey
soy milk

Mix water, oatmeal, and flaxseed meal in a microwave safe bowl.  Heat for 1 1/2 minutes.  Stir in honey and a splash of soy milk.  You can use Vanilla Silk for extra flavor.  Top with fresh fruit if you like.




Fruit and Spinach Smoothie
1 package (16oz) frozen mixed fruit (your choice)
1 package (9oz) frozen spinach
1 cup of vanilla flavored yogurt

Poor into a blender and puree.  This will make two drinks.  You can save one for the next day.



Anti-Inflammatory Cocktail
1 tbsp raw organic honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
glass of water

Mix it all together in a glass and drink up. 


I hope you enjoy these quick breakfast recipes.  The little man just woke up from a morning snooze, so it's back to mommy land for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment